Leaf, Root & Fruit Gardening Services are expanding again! We are currently seeking someone to implement edible garden (Foodscape) designs.
- Implementing foodscape designs
- Installing garden beds and wicking beds
- Design, installation and troubleshooting/repair of irrigation
- Planting & watering
- Operating earth moving equipment such as Skid Steer and Dingo
- Carpentry skills to build decking and structures such as pergolas.
- Ordering materials
- Preparing quotes and invoices
- Performing site visits
- Fruit tree pruning
- Building chook houses
- Tool maintenance
Professionalism and attention to detail are a “must” requisite
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic team player, keen to share the excitement of sustainable, edible gardening in Melbourne. The applicant must have horticultural qualifications and strong carpentry skills. A Permaculture Design Certificate would be advantageous.
This role is critical to the rapid expansion of Leaf Root and Fruit. The successful applicant will manage and implement both large and small edible garden projects. This position will involve manual labour and working with noisy power tools. We work in all weather conditions, including heat, rain and wind. The role is very active and requires someone who is physically fit.
The successful applicant will fit seamlessly into our team of enthusiastic gardeners. Attention to detail and professionalism are of the utmost importance. Based at our new depot in Burwood, this role will involve extensive travel across Metropolitan Melbourne.
Who You Are
You are physically fit and keen to roll up your sleeves and implement some exciting edible garden projects. You are professional, reliable and have fantastic communication skills. You manage and coordinate projects with amazing attention to detail. You display capable leadership qualities as you supervise and mentor staff on site. You are punctual, professional and eager to take ownership of your work. You will thrive on receiving and providing constructive feedback.
- Horticulture Qualifications
- Experience and understanding of horticulture, plants, construction and landscape design plans
- Sound experience and skills in paving and irrigation
- Carpentry skills
- Ability to understand and follow a plan
- Ability to work independently and to fill various roles within a team environment
- Project Management experience
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Eligible to work in Australia
- A full, manual driver’s licence
- Ability to pass a working with children’s check
- Honesty, including the ability to take responsibility and ownership of successes and failures
Who are Leaf Root & Fruit ?
In a nutshell: We are a business that supports clients in growing their own food.
Leaf, Root & Fruit is a resilient, sustainable business supporting the community in growing food. In doing so, we facilitate greater food security. We offer edible gardening services including:
- edible landscape design and implementation
- urban farming and edible garden maintenance
- installation of garden beds and wicking beds
- workshops, mentoring and education programs
- site visits and advice
Leaf, Root & Fruit has grown steadily since it was founded in 2014. We are operating in a niche market, and there is exciting scope for continued growth. We provide a healthy, professional, safe, and engaging environment for a collaborative staff. Our Staff are encouraged to use their strengths, to support and grow the business.
We integrate five core values into everything we do. These values are:
Leaf, Root & Fruit is a gender inclusive, equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Before applying please download and read through the position description for the Edible Landscaper (Foodscaper).
If you are interested in joining our team, please send an email to careers@LeafRootFruit.com.au. Address the following criteria in your application
- Your current employment situation?
- Why you want to work with Leaf, Root & Fruit?
- What qualities or skills you will bring to the team?
- How you fulfill the requirements outlined in the position description?
Please note: we have had huge responses when advertising job opportunities in the past. As such, it may take us some time to respond to your emails. If you have any questions, or queries about the position please submit them via email and we will respond as soon as is practically possible.
Applications strictly close: Monday 30th July @ 9am
Not the role for you? We have several other exciting new roles planned for the near future. Sign up to our monthly newsletter to be kept informed when these are open for applications.