UPDATE 15/03/18: We have had an incredible response to this job ad. Thanks to everyone who has applied, there has been a lot of time and effort gone into the applications. It’s fantastic to see that so many people are enthusiastic, supportive and keen to be a part of what we do. We are currently undertaking a shortlisting process and anticipate interviewing some of the candidates over the next fortnight. We will still welcome new applications until we have appointed the perfect candidate, so if that’s you, please submit your application ASAP.
Leaf, Root & Fruit Gardening Services is expanding again. We are currently seeking someone to assist with the implementation of our recently developed strategic plan. We’re looking for someone who can grow with the business and become and integral core team member.
- Set up and documentation of new systems
- Development of our new depot in Burwood
- Optimisation of the existing Urban Farming and Ongoing Garden Maintenance Program.
- Operating within strict budgets, to generate effective and efficient outcomes
- Participate in landscaping, garden maintenance and other “hands-on” activities
- Coordinate the development of our workshop and education program
- Liaising with clients
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic team player, keen to share the excitement of sustainable, edible gardening in Melbourne. You’ll have the ability to operate autonomously, as well as to fit seamlessly into our team of enthusiastic gardeners. Attention to detail and professionalism are of the utmost importance, in this role.
This role is designed to give the incumbent a broad range of skills and experience in the business. Many of these skills will be included in key selection criteria to the newly created Operations Manager position when it is advertised in mid-2019. The focus is on implementing the Strategic Plan to expand Leaf, Root & Fruit. The successful candidate will also regularly be required to be “hands-on” and participate in horticulture and landscaping activities.
Based at our new depot in Burwood, this role will involve extensive travel across Metropolitan Melbourne. This role is intended to be a full-time role. However, part time employment would be considered for the right candidate.
Who You Are
Enthusiastic and keen in developing both your skills and the Leaf, Root & Fruit business. You will be punctual, professional and eager to take ownership of your own work. Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, you’ll also have great organisational skills and the ability to analyse and streamline processes.
- Eligible to work in Australia
- A full, manual driver’s licence
- Ability to pass a working with children’s check
- Demonstrated experience in client management, customer service and managing staff.
- Good literacy skills, and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Great computer literacy including the ability to use the entire MS Office Suite
Whilst we are not directly seeking someone with experience in the horticulture industry, qualifications and/or experience in horticulture or Permaculture Design are considered advantageous.
Who we are
In a nutshell: We support clients to grow their own food.
Leaf, Root & Fruit is a resilient, sustainable business. We facilitate greater food security to support the community. We offer edible gardening services including:
- edible landscape design and implementation
- urban farming and edible garden maintenance
- installation of garden beds and wicking beds
- workshops, mentoring and education programs
- site visits and advice
Leaf, Root & Fruit has grown steadily since it was founded in 2014. We are operating in a very niche market, and there is exciting scope for continued growth. We provide a healthy, professional, safe, and engaging environment for staff to collaborate. Staff use their strengths to support and grow the business.
We integrate five core values into everything we do. They are:
Leaf, Root & Fruit is a gender inclusive, equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Before applying please download and read through the position description for the Strategic Projects Officer.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send an email to careers@LeafRootFruit.com.au. Address the following criteria in your application
- Your current employment situation?
- Why you want to work with Leaf, Root & Fruit?
- What qualities or skills you will bring to the team?
- How you fulfill the requirements outlined in the position description?
Please note: we have had huge responses when advertising job opportunities in the past. As such, it may take us some time to respond to your emails. If you have any questions, or queries about the position please submit them via email and we will respond as soon as is practically possible.