Backyard Orchards: Design, Implement and Maintain
April 18 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Learn how to design, implement and maintain your backyard orchard. This workshop is suited to anyone looking to grow fruit in courtyards, backyards or larger acreages. You’ll come away with an overview of what’s important (and what’s not!) when planting and maintaining a backyard orchard.
This workshop will give you an introduction to:
– Fruit tree selection and why we use grafted trees
– Different types of fruit trees and how their requirements vary
– Orchard design considerations
– Edible Forest Gardens
– Soil preparation and planting of fruit trees
– An overview of fruit tree pruning strategies
– Common pests and diseases
At the end of the workshop you will understand the basics of Backyard Orchards, how to prepare and plant one in your own backyard.
A set of notes will be provided to all participants
The class will involve a combination of theory and demonstrations in a classroom setting.
What to Bring:
– Enthusiasm for learning
– Notepad and Pen
– Your lunch
– Water bottle
– Closed toed, practical shoes
– Warm clothes as our warehouse can be very cold in winter
This is an all-weather event. We have a covered, outside area to run the practical demonstrations in the case of inclement weather.
Early Bird Pricing Ends 31/01/2020
To purchase tickets: https://site.corsizio.com/c/5dbfa67fa6bc5575badc5eea