- This event has passed.
Planning Your Winter Veggie Patch
March 23, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$38.50 – $49.50
It’s time to start planning your winter veggie patch. Join us for a fun afternoon on how to plan and prepare your veggie patch for maximum productivity during winter.
We actually prefer growing veggies over winter to growing during summer. Winter veggies require less care and attention. With our cool, wet Melbourne climate, winter veggies practically grow themselves. Come and learn how to:
– Prepare your soil to give your veggies a great start
– Find out what to plant and when
– Plan your planting strategy
– Reduce the likelihood of pest and disease issues such as white cabbage moth
– Understand how to avoid the pitfalls new gardeners face in the veggie patch at this time of the year
– Learn which types of veggies to grow from seed and which ones to plant out as seedlings
– Mulching, watering and other options
– Growing winter veggies in small spaces such as pots and containers