- This event has passed.
Small Space Foodscape Design Class – CANCELLED
September 12, 2020 @ 9:00 am - September 13, 2020 @ 4:30 pm
Come along to our Small Spaces Design Class to gain an understanding of the Leaf, Root & Fruit design process and how it applies to small spaces.
Our design process takes 50 to 80 hours to complete for each client. Lots of energy and effort goes into ensuring that our designs generate great outcomes for our clients. This is your opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at how we undertake our designs and use them in your own outdoor space or professionally.
During this two-day workshop we will cover:
– Base mapping
– Site Analysis
– Budgets, Client Briefing and Goal Setting
– Water catchment and use
– Types of small space gardens (Veggie patches vs Edible Forest Gardens & Perennials)
– Stacking functionality to make great use of space
– Vertical spaces and how best to utilise them
– Fruit Tree Espaliers
– Construction of infrastructure
– Legalities and planning permits
– Bulk Materials (where to purchase and how to move them)
– Plants and their uses
– Practical activity on Plants
– LRF Design Process
– Design practical activity
This class is designed for beginners and those wanting to design and implement their own small space landscape. Those with experience in Permaculture design that are looking to understand the practicalities of designing landscapes may also find it useful.
By the end of the class you will have the skills and confidence to:
– Analyse your site and understand its opportunities and limitations
– Determine your (or your clients) needs and wants from the design
– Gain an insight into the practicalities of implementing small space landscapes
– Develop some novel ideas for maximise productive use of small spaces
– Research plant palettes for use in your designs
– Understand a logical approach to developing and finalising a design.
The class will involve a combination of theory in a classroom setting and some practical activities, including:
– Analysing nearby outdoor spaces
– Researching different plant species
– Undertaking elements of a design process
What to Bring:
– Enthusiasm for learning
– Your lunch
– Water bottle
– Notepad and Pen
– Closed toed, practical shoes
– Warm clothes (Kyneton can be chilly in spring)
Places in this workshop are strictly limited to 8 individuals. This will ensure that all participants have plenty of opportunity to ask questions and gain feedback.
Classes will run from 9am to 4:30pm on both Saturday and Sunday at our property in Kyneton, Victoria.
Early Bird Pricing ends 5th July 2020
To book tickets please go to: https://site.corsizio.com/c/5dbfb200a6bc555fafdc5fae