Leaf, Root & Fruit Gardening Services are expanding again. We are currently seeking someone to assist with our edible landscape designs and the daily operations of the business.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic team player, keen to share the excitement of sustainable, edible gardening in Melbourne. You’ll have completed a PDC, and have strong experience with CAD. You cannot wait to use and develop your design skills. You will fit seamlessly into our team of enthusiastic gardeners. Attention to detail and professionalism are of the utmost importance, in this role.
This role is designed to give the incumbent an opportunity to develop their Permaculture design skills whilst supporting the Director. This will enable them to progress to higher levels of responsibility within the team. Based in Burwood, this role will involve extensive travel across Metropolitan Melbourne. This casual role is anticipated to involve working 3 to 5 days per week, usually on a Monday to Friday .
At times, this position will involve manual labour and working with noisy power tools. We work in all weather conditions, including heat, rain and wind. The role is very active and requires someone who is physically fit.
- Supporting the Director
- Participating in design projects from start to finish
- Confidently liaising with clients
- Attending site visits and compiling client briefs
- Base mapping and technical drawing (utilising Sketch Up)
- Assisting with administration tasks
- Coordinating workshops
- Participate in landscaping, plant propagation and other “hands-on” activities
Uniform items, tools and all required equipment will be provided by Leaf, Root & Fruit.
Who You Are
Enthusiastic and keen to develop both yourself and the business. You will be punctual, professional and eager to take ownership of your own work. Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, you’ll also be ambitious and eager. You thrive on receiving and providing feedback and enjoy design work.
- Permaculture Design Certificate
- Experience with CAD
- Eligible to work in Australia
- A full, manual driver’s licence
- Ability to pass a working with children’s check
- Demonstrated experience in effective customer liaison.
- Good literacy skills, and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Good computer literacy including the ability to use the entire MS Office Suite & Adobe Photoshop
- Carpentry skills
- Ability to understand and follow a plan
- Ability to tow and reverse a trailer
Whilst we are not directly seeking someone with experience in our industry, qualifications and/or experience in horticulture or landscaping are considered highly advantageous.
Who we are
In a nutshell: We support clients in growing their own food.
Leaf, Root & Fruit is a resilient, sustainable business supporting the community in growing food. In doing so, we facilitate greater food security. We offer edible gardening services including:
- edible landscape design and implementation
- installation of garden beds and wicking beds
- workshops, events and education programs
- site visits and advice
Leaf, Root & Fruit has grown steadily since it was founded in 2014. We are operating in a very niche market, and there is exciting scope for continued growth. We provide a healthy, professional, safe, and engaging environment for a collaborative staff. Staff are encouraged use their strengths, to support and grow the business.
We integrate five core values into everything we do. They are:
Leaf, Root & Fruit is a gender inclusive, equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Before applying please download and read through the Position Description for the Junior Permaculture Designer & Operations Assistant.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send an email to careers@LeafRootFruit.com.au. Address the following criteria in your application
- Your current employment situation?
- Why you want to work with Leaf, Root & Fruit?
- What qualities or skills you will bring to the team?
- How you fulfill the requirements outlined in the position description?
Please note: we have had huge responses when advertising job opportunities in the past. As such, it may take us some time to respond to your emails. If you have any questions, or queries about the position please submit them via email and we will respond as soon as is practically possible.
Shortlisted applications will be expected to present a copy of their PDC and a portfolio of design work at an interview.
Not the role for you? We have several other exciting new roles planned for the near future. Sign up to our monthly newsletter to be kept informed when these are open for applications.