Edible Gardening Advice
We can visit your property and help you to analyze the site’s potential for edible gardening. While doing so we can offer site specific advice about:
- The best layout for your garden to maximize sunlight, rainfall and other important elements
- Herb and veggie gardens for supplying your household produce
- Soil, its importance for growing great veggies and how to improve it
- Different types of gardens and gardening systems
- Compost systems and worm farms
- Fruit trees, Orchards and Food Forests
- Design ideas
- Plant diseases, pests and organic controls
- Possums, birds and other issues
A typical site analysis will involve observing and assessing the characteristics of the site (e.g., sun, wind, slope, soil and existing vegetation). We can also discuss your ‘needs’ and ‘wants’ from the site help you to decide on the best garden layout and solutions for your situation.
We allow for up to two hours for our site visits. Our fee for this consultancy, is $200 inc. GST during weekdays or $400 inc. GST during weekends. The cost of this site analysis will be deducted from the cost of a full Edible Garden Design should you wish to progress to this next step. Design options and costs are usually discussed and agreed upon during the initial site visit.
We encourage you to take your own notes during the visit.