Summer Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop
February 13 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 am$120
It’s a commonly held misconception that fruit trees are best pruned in winter. In most instances fruit trees should actually be pruned in summer (it’s why we don’t offer fruit tree pruning classes during winter). Our Summer Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop will give you the confidence to plan and undertake pruning and training of your fruit trees.
Summer pruning promotes fruit production rather than the excess foliage that winter pruning encourages. Summer pruning also helps your trees recover more quickly from pruning and reduces the chance of introducing disease.
Come along to our next Summer Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop. By the end of the session you’ll have a much greater understanding of:
• Tools used for pruning and their maintenance and care
• Timing of pruning and consequences
• Tree physiology and “why” a tree grows the way it does
• Types of cuts we make in pruning and consequences for the tree
• Different shapes to prune trees
• How to prune different types of fruit trees to maximise fruit production
• An overview of how to set up and maintain espaliers
Our Summer Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop focuses heavily on understanding the science behind pruning and care. This enables our clients to better understand the consequences of their actions. It will give you the confidence to manage your fruit trees yourself.
You will have plenty of opportunities to practice your new knowledge and skills on the trees in our orchard whilst being supported by experienced staff.
What We Will Provide:
• A fun and entertaining workshop on summer fruit tree pruning
• A comprehensive set of notes on Fruit Tree Pruning
• Basic pruning equipment for you to use on the day
• Fruit trees for you to practice on
• Basic Tea and Coffee Facilities
What to Bring:
• Clothing appropriate to the weather (sun smart clothing, raincoats, warm clothes, hats etc)
• Your own snacks
Please note: Due to COIVD restrictions, this event will be run entirely outdoors and will be conducted regardless of the weather forecast.
To book tickets please go to: https://site.corsizio.com/c/5fc589e2714f03537e972459